It makes me sad that I've only ever joined in with Listography at Kate Takes 5 on one occasion. That occasion was super fun though, and this time is going to be just as fun! I couldn't resist the list for this week - Top 5 things that make me happy. We all need a bit of reminding of what makes us happy every now and then don't we?
It doesn't take much to make me happy (although some days I feel like if I could just have a million dollars, a maid and a personal massage therapist I would be waaaaay happier). I can easily find happiness in the small joys of life. And let's face it, when you're a Mum and you're busy and you're looking after everyone and all the while still trying to have some kind of life and time for yourself, it helps if you can seek happiness in small places as you go! Like these on my list:
1. Plunging my nose right in to the middle of a new book and taking a great big, deep whiff. Ahhhhhh......the smell of a book relaxes me, focusses me, opens up the door to my imagination in readiness to accept the new adventures lying within those pages
Image from WeHeartIt
2. Cooking a tasty, nutritious meal with love and care for my family, and watching them eat and enjoy it, and realising how lucky we are that we can indulge in such a thing while many others can't
3. Always learning new things, discovering new places and finding new ways to be creative
4. Downloading all my "to-do's" in to a list, and the satisfaction of crossing them off one by one as they're completed
5. Blogging, because it allows me to write creatively, keep memories, learn from others, entertain myself, and be part of a very special community
What is on your list of things that make you happy? Why not join in with Listography this week?